Because he’s fabulous
Category Archives: Entertainment
I am shocked.
Legendary artist Prince was found dead at his recording studio in Minnesota early on Thursday. He was 57. So far, no further details have emerged.
so so legendary.
Promotional photos for ‘The Jungle Book,’ feature cast members with their animated animal characters
I absolutely love these.. Promotional photos for the upcoming film, The Jungle Book, feature cast members with their animated animal characters. See below for Idris Elba with Shere Khan, Lupita Nyong’o with Raksha, Scarlett Johansson with Kaa and Christopher Walken with King Louie. The film is due for release on April 15.
Manhattan setting: Check!
Proton Packs: Check!
Funky Ghostbuster-mobile: Check!
Any of the original cast: Nope!
When I first heard of the all-women reboot lineup, I thought it sounded horrible..I mean, who messes with the original which is just so classically great?! But after seeing the new trailer, I’m looking forward to watching the new Ghostbusters movie!
Every time I watch this video I do the ugly cry, but I keep repeating it because I’m a masochist.
If you haven’t seen Kelly Clarkson’s live performance of Piece by Piece on American Idol last night, it’s a must see.
1. First off, I wasn’t even expecting Adam Driver, AKA Kylo Ren, AKA Adam Sackler from Girls to be in the show. I mean, come on, he’s now a main character in the most popular movie in the world. I didn’t think Disney was going to put up with the kind of raunch found in Girls for their main squeeze(er). Apparently Kylo-Adam isn’t slowing down a bit, he will also star in the Jeff Nichols-directed film Midnight Special, which will be released March 16, 2016, and in Martin Scorsese’s 2016 film Silence.
2. Adam got much better looking: Is it just me or did Adam Driver go from creepy weirdo you hate to creepy hot guy you like? Maybe that’s just Pixie dust and Disney Jedi mind tricks? We likey.
3. Adam is a better actor: Despite the fact that he has already earned three consecutive nominations for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, I don’t know that I appreciated his acting. At all. He was just always kind of weird and jerky- and I didn’t used to think that was acting, but just bad at not being awkward- but maybe that was the point. He’s supposed to be awkward. He’s improved, tenfold.
4. Adam got more likeable: When Adam first came to Girls he was a sex-freak jerk you were ready to never see again. Now you find yourself rooting for him.
5. I sort of hate that Adam’s not with Hannah: Girls is supposed to tell that imperfect story. I know. The characters are supposed to be imperfect and tragic and twisty and make you cringe. But still part of me wishes that they’d have gotten back together. I don’t think I like the Adam-Jessa thing.
If you didn’t see the Kylo Ren Undercover Boss SNL skit, you’re missing out- this was just hilarious.
“Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.” That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. “Your father’s right,” she said. “Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy.” ~ To Kill a Mockingbird
If there was any ever doubt that Beyoncé is Queen.
“Formation” (Explicit version)
As a person who grew up in the 90s and watched the O.J. Simpson Murder trial play out in real time, watched every single trial day on CourtTV, watched in anticipation when A.C. drove O.J. around in that infamous white Bronco chase, watched the verdict be served on TV- watching the new FX Series, “The People vs. O.J. Simpson,” is indeed still fascinating.
I wouldn’t say “obsessed” with the case, but I was enthralled. Watching a trail play out sparked my interest in law and criminal trials. I was a CourtTV addict from then on; still am.
Even though this new TV series isn’t a documentary, and they have certainly taken liberties, even flubbed a few facts, there’s still something captivating about this case and about this show. Honestly it takes a little bit to get used to seeing Cuba Gooding Jr. as O.J. Simpson. He doesn’t exactly look or sound like him, although sometimes in his movements with a little imagination, you can catch a glimmer of the “Juice.” Despite that, the casting in this series is great, Billy Magnussen makes a great Kato Kaelin, Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran is spot on, Sarah Paulson nails Marcia Clark, and I love Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden.
I almost hate to admit, but when he was first charged, I rooted for O.J. I didn’t want him to be guilty. A lot of us did, a lot of us cheered when he was found not guilty and set free. Looking back, and knowing what we know now, that seems insane. The arsenal of evidence presented against him makes his guilt undeniable, but it felt different at the time, somehow we were all convinced he was set up. That he couldn’t have done it. How did that happen? The power of celebrity? The racial tensions at the time?
At any rate- after one episode, I love the show. I can’t wait to see where they take it from here.