1. First off, I wasn’t even expecting Adam Driver, AKA Kylo Ren, AKA Adam Sackler from Girls to be in the show. I mean, come on, he’s now a main character in the most popular movie in the world. I didn’t think Disney was going to put up with the kind of raunch found in Girls for their main squeeze(er). Apparently Kylo-Adam isn’t slowing down a bit, he will also star in the Jeff Nichols-directed film Midnight Special, which will be released March 16, 2016, and in Martin Scorsese’s 2016 film Silence.
2. Adam got much better looking: Is it just me or did Adam Driver go from creepy weirdo you hate to creepy hot guy you like? Maybe that’s just Pixie dust and Disney Jedi mind tricks? We likey.
3. Adam is a better actor: Despite the fact that he has already earned three consecutive nominations for Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series, I don’t know that I appreciated his acting. At all. He was just always kind of weird and jerky- and I didn’t used to think that was acting, but just bad at not being awkward- but maybe that was the point. He’s supposed to be awkward. He’s improved, tenfold.
4. Adam got more likeable: When Adam first came to Girls he was a sex-freak jerk you were ready to never see again. Now you find yourself rooting for him.
5. I sort of hate that Adam’s not with Hannah: Girls is supposed to tell that imperfect story. I know. The characters are supposed to be imperfect and tragic and twisty and make you cringe. But still part of me wishes that they’d have gotten back together. I don’t think I like the Adam-Jessa thing.
If you didn’t see the Kylo Ren Undercover Boss SNL skit, you’re missing out- this was just hilarious.